Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Running From The One You Loved


Running From the One You Loved
Packing quickly, throwing some things in a bag.
Hurrying the child with sleep in his eyes. ..
Knowing that there isn't much time.
Running away from the one you loved.
The stranger waitng in the cab...
Compassion in his eyes.
Wanting to look back at the house where you thought
life would be good,
But there's no looking back, only forward.
Not quite recovered from the last beating. ..
Physically hurting and sick at heart,
Wondering how things had gone so wrong.
For so long, he had you convinced that it was your fault...
That you deserved all the pain he gave you.
For so long you had yourself convinced that if you just tried harder,
he would change.
Now knowing the truth. ..
You were the one who had to change.
You found the courage deep inside
To start a new life without the fear.
A better life for you and your child.
Running away from the one you loved.
Finding a love you'd lost. ..
The love of yourself.

I found this poem on this blog "Out of Darkness"... And it described exactly how I felt leaving my son's Dad in 1998. The pain is still fresh in my heart and it will always be there. I am a survivor!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello cozynblue,

Found your post over at Out of Darkness and immediately flew over here...Liza's poem certainly says it all doesn't it?! I too have been there so know the path you travel...am learning to use my voice these days rather than opress...for too long I sat silenced by guilt & fear, always blaming myself and always thinking I was worthless. I hope to get back here sweety if time permits so hang in there and keep up the good work with your blog! Thanks for sharing her peom here.....
Love Deb