Saturday, October 18, 2008

Turning It Around


Saturday, October 18, 2008

GIFT OF GIVING JOY Category: Religion and Philosophy
GIFT OF GIVING JOY
Many of us learned anger at the hands of our parents and elders. Not anger as a tool to teach when a child does something inappropriate, but anger at their lives, anger at their situations, anger at God. Unknowingly, many of us took that very anger into our own experience. Our parents and elders weren't always equipped to teach us anything other than what they learned.
The Good News of God is that we can unlearn the anger of our past, and learn the love of our Lord. We can heal from the anger that we've carried for so very long, and instead bestow upon our children the gift of giving joy. Let's not pass along the sins of our elders to the next generation. Become a parent who turns it around.

Your Promise to God: I turn away from any anger that I inherited and turn it around to the peace of God in my life, and in the life of my family.

I am working on that anger issue passed down to me by "Good Ole Mom" amongst others. (sorry if this makes you mad, or should I say Madder Mom, but maybe it will help) I just went on a rampage of anger and I realize I hurt a lot of people with my words. People from my boyfriend to my Mom and everyone in between who happened to look at me funny in my 2-3 days of 'Setting My Boundaries.' Thanks goes to Vera, (my counselor)who handed me a pamphlet on 'Boundaries.' I took it and ran with it. I said 'you aint gone do this to me anymore, you aint gone do that to me anymore!!' 'You just wanna push all my buttons cuz you Mr. Right and I'm Mrs. Wrong. Right now I'm the one who's gone sing this song. I'm a be Ms. Wright TODAY!!!! (MJB)There was even a couple of fist fights, two that I can remember. Counselor wanted to put me away. I said please do before I.......Instead she gave me a new medication. Seroquel 25 mg. It's supposed to stop the psychosis. We will see. Hope I can live with the side effects, if any...

The song I put on when I'm haven me one of them days where I just don't wanna be bothered is Mary J. Blidge's "Roses." I'll put that mug on repeat, put my headphones on and just 'Let it Go.' By the end of the song the tears come.. Love you MJB



Be My Friend on My Space.

No comments: