Saturday, May 27, 2006

I just started reading this book "After the Rice" By:Wendy French and it is laugh out loud funny. In the first chapter the lead character (Megan) is scared to death that she might be p.g.(pregnant.) Although she is recently married a baby just isn't what she and husband (Matt) wanted. She says something that really made me laugh out loud. "We didn't want to lose more sleep than we could afford, change more diapers than we cared to imagine, or deal with time-outs, groundings, allergies, sleepovers, report cards especially the bad ones.)soccer games, cookie sales, camp outs, chicken pox, smoking, drinking, driving, dating, sex, and the task of teaching some poor little soul everything they needed to know about how to survive in a world that was changing every day, and not necessarily for the better!
Remember when you were a kid and did something bad, that stuipid saying your Mom would always throw at you when she punished you. "Just wait until you have kids!" I would always respond, "I'm never having kids."
I mean I love my Johnny and all but as he gets older , he's 12 now,it gets harder to deal with him, I thought I had a bad attitude, this kid takes the cake. I wish I had that paragraph to read over and over again before making the decision to have a child. He's almost 13 so I will soon have to worry about the smoking, drugging, sexing aspect of being a teenager. Or is that really what the majority of teenagers are doing these days. I sometimes think that's just what the media wants us to think. All we hear about anymore is the negative side of reaching maturity. There are plenty of good kids out there, aren't there? How do I find that hope in the future of the next generation of teenagers?

No comments: