Tuesday, May 23, 2006

If you're not serving God, you're are serving the Devil!

The way we live, the things we say, the attitudes we entertain, the lifestyle we adopt, the enterprises in which we engage are all continously producing either positive or negative results in society. Far too many people assume they can adopt a neutral stance. The feel they can be noncommital. They try to remain detached, uninvolved with the trauma, turmoil and tension of their times.
Again and again Jesus pointed out that this was impossible. "Either you are for me, or against me," He said. "You cannot serve two masters at once. Either you hate one and love the other or vice-versa.
We live in an atmosphere of antagonism, an environment of enmity. Yet amid such adversity Christ calls us to produce peace.
This peace is love quietly, strongly, persistently meeting every onslaught against it with good will. It is that inner attitude of tranquility and tolerance in the face of angry attacks. It is that willingness to accept the assaults of others even at the price of personal humiliation. It implies that even though my enemies and detractors may be at war with me, I can be at peace with them.
From: Max Lucado's Inspirational Study Bible:Life Lesson P.1392

I'm not trying to preach to anyone. This is something I struggle with daily, especially when it come to my son. I try to keep a peaceful attitude with him, but when he doesn't want to listen and he keeps talking back when I tell him to do something, I tent to blow up and lose it! Oh, how badly I just want snap, crackle, and pop him upside his head. But, I can't do that, I don't feel like going to jail today. So I become quiet and he gets over his self and after a while he does what I ask him to do. Finally he got out the vacuum cleaner. He wants to go outside and play basketball.

No comments: