Saturday, August 19, 2006

Hope for Night Terrors? Peaceful Sleep


I have night terrors that can keep me from sleeping for days. Last night was pretty bad. I had one nightmare after the other. I usually have what is call 'sleep paralysis,' but this was just straight up night mares that I didn't want to go back to. Finally around 2 in the morning I said f*** it and got up and went out with a friend. Right now I'm probably on about 2 hours of sleep and manic as hell. Hello!! I no longer take Ambien, don't need another addiction, so I will turn to prayer. My sister told me about this prayer in the book we both have (Prayers That Avail Much by: Germaine Copeland) Here it go....

Peaceful Sleep

In the name of Jesus, I bind you, Satan, and all your agents from my dreams. I forbid you to interfere in any way with my sleep.

I bring every thought, every imagination and every dream into the captivity and obedience of Jesus Christ. Father, I thank You that even as I sleep my heart counsels me and reveals to me Your purpose and plan. Thank you for sweet sleep, for You promised Your beloved sweet sleep. Therefore, my heart is glad, and my spirit rejoices. My body and soul rest and confidently dwell in safety. Amen.

No comments: