Tuesday, July 04, 2006

This is what I did tonight instead of watching fireworks.I surfed blogs and did some surveys. I feel too jittery to watch the fireworks, jumping at every noise. I have this dreadful feeling that something really bad is going to happen tonight. I don't even want my son outside, but how can I ruin his fun because I'm having panic attacks???

Your Five Factor Personality Profile

Extroversion:

You have low extroversion.
You are quiet and reserved in most social situations.
A low key, laid back lifestyle is important to you.
You tend to bond slowly, over time, with one or two people.

Conscientiousness:

You have low conscientiousness.
Impulsive and off the wall, you don't take life too seriously.
Unfortunately, you sometimes end up regretting your snap decisions.
Overall, you tend to lack focus, and it's difficult for you to get important things done.

Agreeableness:

You have medium agreeableness.
You're generally a friendly and trusting person.
But you also have a healthy dose of cynicism.
You get along well with others, as long as they play fair.

Neuroticism:

You have high neuroticism.
It's easy for you to feel shaken, worried, or depressed.
You often worry, and your worries prevent you from living life fully.
You tend to be emotionally reactive and moody. Your either flying very high or feeling very low.

Openness to experience:

Your openness to new experiences is medium.
You are generally broad minded when it come to new things.
But if something crosses a moral line, there's no way you'll approve of it.
You are suspicious of anything too wacky, though you do still consider creativity a virtue.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How interesting...do you consider yourself to be an introvert? There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I just pictured you being an extrovert is all. :-)

cozynblue said...

(Kansassunflower;I looked up the word introver and extrovert in wikepedia. I think I am in between, an ambivert. Here are the definitions. It just depends on what personality I am that day. I believe I have a split personality.)
Extroverts tend to be energetic, enthusiastic, action-oriented, talkative, and assertive. They find partying very entertaining. (I used to party non stop, my psychiatrist said I was self medicating with drugs and alcohol.)Therefore, an extroverted person is likely to enjoy time spent with people and find less reward in time spent alone. Introverts are "geared to inspect" rather than to act, and the preferred focus is on thoughts and ideas. Introverts tend to be quiet, low-key, deliberate, and disengaged from the social world. They enjoy such activities such as reading, watching home movies and television, and doing quiet things in the vicinity of their home. Thus, one who is introverted is more likely to spend time alone or in contemplation, as these activities are rewarding. They may avoid social situations entirely, not because of shyness, but because they choose to. (I avoided social situations because of social anxiety, until I found alcohol, then I was the life of the pary.))

While most people view being either introverted or extroverted as a question with only two answers, levels of extraversion in fact fall in a normally distributed "bell" curve, with most people falling in between. The term ambivert was coined to denote people who fall more or less directly in the middle and exhibit tendencies of both groups. An ambivert is normally comfortable with groups and enjoys social interaction, but also relishes time alone and away from the crowd.
(I think that a lot of people living with bipolar disorder fall into the category of being ambiverts. When were manic were extreverts but when depressed were introverts, what do you think??)